Do you worry about mounting debt and the ability to pay monthly bills? If so you may feel like you have nowhere to turn. For many individuals and families, filing for bankruptcy protection is the best way to achieve a fresh start. As you explore your options, it is important to seek the advice of an experienced bankruptcy attorney.
At Murphy & Schisano in Newburgh, NY, we can help guide you through the bankruptcy process, and in the process save you money, while protecting the things that are important to you. To discuss your bankruptcy options call Richard Schisano today at 845-562-1515. The consultation is free but the advice is priceless.
Both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 eliminate most unsecured debts such as:
Credit card debt, personal loans and medical bills
Chapter 13 Can Help Avoid Foreclosure
Under Chapter 13, debtors are able to keep property such as a mortgaged house or a car. In order to file for Chapter 13, you must have regular income and be financially able to make monthly payments to a trustee on an approved three- to five-year repayment plan.
More importantly, both chapters allow for the discharge of most unsecured debt, resulting in a fresh start. This can enable you to start the process of rebuilding credit and moving toward a better life for you and your family.
Contact Murphy & Schisano today for your free consultation. See how Richard Schisano can put his years of legal, and bankruptcy, experience to work for you in obtaining a fresh financial start unimpaired by past financial problems.
What Bankruptcy Can Do ?
Bankruptcy may make it possible for financially distressed individuals to:
1. Discharge liability for most or all of their debts and get a fresh start. When the debt is
discharged, the Debtor has no further legal obligation to pay the debt.
2. Stop foreclosure actions on their home and allow them an opportunity to catch up on
3. Prevent repossession of a car or other property, or force the creditor to return property
even after it has been repossessed.
4. Stop wage garnishment and other debt collection harassment, and give the individual
some breathing room.
5. Restore or prevent termination of utility service.
6. Lower the monthly payments on debts, including secured debts such as car loans.
7. Allow Debtors an opportunity to challenge the claims of certain creditors who have
committed fraud or who are otherwise seeking to collect more than they are legally entitled to.
The consultation is free but the advice is priceless!
Call Murphy, Schisano & Rosado at (845) 562-1515 today.